Reporting to: SaaS Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
We are looking for an SRE who can keep calm in the face of site issues, who likes to solve interesting problems and is always looking for a better, faster and automated way to do just about everything!
This is the perfect opportunity for an enthusiastic engineer with a keen interest in Site Reliability to get in on the ground floor and help us achieve our goal to be best of breed when it comes to FinTech SaaS.
- Build and operate highly reliable production environments hosted on public cloud infrastructure.
- Be responsible for the availability, latency, performance, efficiency, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning
- Continually improve our deployment and provisioning tools through automation
- Monitor security, stability and performance of customer environments.
- Work closely with our Development and Customer support teams to provide operational support to our clients
- Continuously improve all processes and help contribute to improvements in upstream development
- Participate in ‘out of hours’ on-call rotation and troubleshoot site issues
- Help us build a world-class SRE team and champion security, reliability and performance
- 1-2 years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer, Systems Administrator or equivalent role
- Some experience in AWS based infrastructure
- Experience administering Linux systems
- Understanding of system performance and monitoring
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals and configuration
- An understanding of best practices for operating a secure environment on public cloud infrastructure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong troubleshooting skills across different levels of the stack
- Strong communication skills
- High standard of English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Based in Ireland
The following technologies are used on the team and experience is a plus:
- Amazon Linux (RHEL/CentOS/Fedora)
- Debian / Ubuntu
- Source control and continuous integration (e.g. Git, Gitlab)
- Modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Clojure)
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker)
- Container orchestration (e.g. Nomad, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure provisioning (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Configuration management (e.g. Ansible)
- Monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. Prometheus & Grafana)
- Build and deployment (e.g. Packer, CircleCI, Travis)
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually
- A personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Individual training grant with opportunity to grow and develop
- Additional day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- Active social committee with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker-dealers, and COLLATE– our Collateral Management solution for enterprise-wide banking across all asset types.
Rockall has 18 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (NC), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.