Reporting to: VP Strategic Solutions
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
Business Development Representative
Location: Dublin (IRL) or London (UK)
Rockall is seeking a Business Development Representative to join our global sales and solutions organisation. In this role, you will be responsible for supporting the sales team which drives our revenue throughout the top global and regional banks which are the target of our collateral management products. You will serve the EMEA region helping to sell our products into the retail, wholesale and private bank/wealth management divisions within those banks. You will be a product specialist, helping to generate high value deals through strategic business development and by supporting the sales cycle from pre-sales through to completion.
This is an outstanding career option for a sales professional looking to further their career in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
The role can be based in Dublin (IRL) or London (UK).
- Develop a solid pipeline of new business opportunity by identifying key decision-makers in target organisations
- Drive our revenue growth in specific markets through direct engagement with prospects and customers; partnering with the broader account-based sales and marketing teams
- Support the end-to-end sales process with new prospects from initial engagement to contract negotiation, leveraging additional pre-sales, sales and domain experts as needed, while drawing on relevant strategic sales frameworks to ensure the correct sales outcomes
- Perform discovery sessions with potential clients
- Contribute to the RFI/RFP processes that highlight strategic benefits, features and functionality
- Balance both tactical and strategic initiatives successfully
- Play a key role in relationship building with both potential and current clients
- Participate and support relevant sales campaigns initiated by the sales team or marketing
- Attend trade shows, conferences and other industry related events as required
- Meet and exceed your product-based sales quota, by helping to secure new logo wins and working with account representatives to make further sales into the existing customer base
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in software sales or business development role in EMEA region
- Successful software sales track record winning new logos in banks and financial services firms; part of a rainmaking team in new markets
- Experience selling highly vertical software solutions for both SaaS and on-premise delivery models to Tier 1 and Tier 2 banks and financial services firms
- Effective and experienced in communicating value to all buying influences (particularly ‘C’ level), positioning solution, differentiating from competitors and creating and using sales tools to help win deals
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with senior business and IT executives in the Financial Services industry
- Ambitious, energetic and a passionate will to succeed in a growth company
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and client-facing presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work across several teams and take on a variety of projects as needed
- Strong data analytics skills
- Ability to work in dynamic, high pressure environment
- Fluent English
- Authorised to work in the EU
- Available to travel up to 40% of time
You have a hunter mentality and strong commercial acumen.
You understand major banking segments: retail, wholesale and private banking/ wealth management.
You can interpret our clients’ business and accurately present solutions to clients in an informative and easily understood fashion either in face to face or virtual meetings.
You can learn quickly and comprehend difficult concepts.
You possess the enthusiasm and entrepreneurial skills needed to grow with our business.
Our offer to you
- A competitive base salary, reviewed annually, combined with the potential for excellent results based OTE
- 24 Annual Leave days plus public holidays
- Individual training grant for continued personal development
- Annual Volunteer Day to support a charity or worthy cause
- A fantastic working environment
is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for retail, commercial and wholesale banking.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Rockall is a Broadridge company.