Reporting to: Director, Engineering
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
Rockall is seeking a seeking a Senior Front-End Software Engineer to develop a disruptive FinTech SaaS product using full-stack Java, Python and Angular, running in the Amazon cloud. Experience developing and delivering software product using Amazon Web Services is highly desirable.
- Design and implementation of new functionality for use in multi-tier, web-based products for use by Banks and other Financial Institution
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality levels.
- Work with AWS and cloud technologies e.g. Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Contribute to estimation exercises that feed into project plans
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements, to existing software development, testing and deployment processes
- Troubleshooting Development and Production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms as necessary
- Mentor more junior team members
- Regularly update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations etc.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with Angular 2 (any 2-7 version)
- Experience in early stages of UI design; creating mock-ups and wireframes, working with PO and customer feedback
- Experience of implementing and calling RESTful Web Services
- Familiarity with Unit and Integration testing methodologies for efficient, comprehensive validation
- Familiarity with Build and Continuous integration – Ant, Maven, CI tools (Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to show flexibility and reach compromise where appropriate
- Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High standard of English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience with cloud deployments in a major public cloud
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
You’re a respected senior team member who can come into an existing team working in a collaborative Scrum environment and make an impact with your own delivery and through others.
You ask the right questions up front and take personal responsibility for what you commit to do, owning it to completion.
You have extensive experience with frontend design and development in Angular and a deep understanding of the full stack it operates on top of.
You care about how customers use the systems you build and work hard to understand their needs and to come up with ideas to meet them.
You keep yourself on the technical cutting edge in your space, in technologies, frameworks, and visual and interaction design.
Your code is neat, quick and hits the functional mark every time, with rigorous, automated test code.
You care as much about architectural design as implementation code and can take on big design questions, do the research needed to make the right choices, get stakeholders around them, and guide the team effort to flawlessly execute.
You can keep multiple projects and conversations moving forward with different sets of stakeholders and manage your time so that the loop always gets closed.
You work smoothly with your teammates and speak up where you see how we can: raise the team standards, improve on design, code, tools-set, ways to interact with each other to make our shared workplace high performance and fun to be in.
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary reviewed annually
- Personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- Individual training grant and Training Days for continued personal development
- 24 Annual Leave Days plus public holidays
- Additional Volunteer Day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- Provision of other benefits such as Group Life insurance and long-term disability income
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- Active Sports & Social Club with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker-dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for enterprise-wide banking across all asset types.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Rockall is now a Broadridge company.