Reporting to: SaaS Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
Rockall is seeking a Senior Software Test Engineer to take on a Technical Lead role in a QA team helping to deliver FASTNET – SaaS FinTech product in the Amazon cloud that helps banks manage credit risk, particularly in volatile market conditions.
You will work closely with a co-located Development & Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team extending and enhancing a microservices-based architecture (Java, Python, Clojure) deployed in AWS. The QA team is strongly focused on automation and this initially manual role will lead us in this direction, as we build our capability.
- Senior QA Technical Lead to create and implement a test strategy focused on delivering quality and reducing long-term manual efforts through automation
- Coordinate team tasks, sprints and stand ups whilst working in an agile environment with a closely associated Development & SRE team
- Plan sprints with relevant stakeholders and lead the QA estimations exercises that feed into project plans, keeping all stakeholders actively informed on progress and deviations.
- Define and implement appropriate test phases for the project(s), including regression on all releases working with the Release Manager to provide sign offs
- Work within a cross-functional environment to understand wider product functionality, the SaaS pipelines & use cases and drive higher value test case design, early defect detection and greater quality end-to-end
- Design and execute test cases for new development work across the full technology stack (web, microservices, database), deployments and offline processes
- Use your experience to improve team workflow and practices
- Drive the test automation process within the QA team, understand and implement the best automation fit for the team, the product and the service considering continuous integration, test phases, automation value for tests and manual vs automation trade off.
- Analyse current automation technology choices and processes, improve and/or redesign based on the required need.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 5+ years professional experience in quality assurance and test
- Some experience in a Technical Lead role in a web-based, product software environment, preferably with Java applications
- Experience planning and executing testing phases, plans & cases in a product release context based on user stories
- Experience creating simple/complex SQL queries on Postgres, Oracle or MySQL
- Experience working with Test Case Management Tools e.g. TestRail, HP QC, Zephyr
- Experience with different test automation frameworks/tools e.g. Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JwebUnit and/or BDD style frameworks such as Cucumber
- Experience with API testing and technologies such as Postman
- Experience testing on a major cloud platform e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google, Azure
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- A high standard of English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience with build tool chains such as Git/GitLab, Maven
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure, pipelines and builds using technologies such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, Team City
- Experience with Unix/Linux OS, shell scripting and Security Testing
- Experience in the banking and associated financial industries
- ISTQB foundation certified or certified in a recognised Testing certification
- You are driven by quality.
- You understand what it takes to deliver Software as a Service and focus on delivering quality along the full pipeline and the processes from end-to-end.
- You’re a respected team leader who can come into an existing team, working in a collaborative agile environment, and make an impact with your own effort and through others.
- You can set team strategy, with the right mix of manual and automated testing, efficient regression plans, and effective systems both within the team and on the interfaces with development, SRE, management and others.
- You use data to show progress and back up decision-making.
- You enjoy making good cross-functional relationships and thrive in a high-performance environment that is fun to be in.
- You can keep multiple projects and conversations moving forward.
- You raise the team’s standards with processes and tools.
- You understand the benefits of continuous integration and deployment.
- You work well with your teammates and can coordinate the planned and unplanned work across the team, so everyone’s time is best used.
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary reviewed annually
- Personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- Individual training grant and Training Days for continued personal development
- 24 Annual Leave Days plus public holidays
- Additional Volunteer Day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- Provision of other benefits such as Group Life insurance and long-term disability income
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- Active Sports & Social Club with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for enterprise wide banking across all asset types.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Rockall is now a Broadridge company.