Reporting to: Project Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer to join Rockall’s Customer Success team testing commercial Java software to high quality standards.
- You are a respected team member who can come into an existing team, working in a collaborative environment delivering UI and backend Java features.
- You have incredible attention to detail and ability to dive deep, find and accurately describe subtle defects.
- You work smoothly with your teammates and speak up where you see how we can raise team standards.
- You ask the right questions up front and take personal responsibility for what you commit to do, owning it to completion.
- You keep yourself on top of trends and are relentlessly curious about new techniques and technologies we could adopt.
- Reviewing software specifications for creating test conditions
- Maintaining test conditions so they are kept up to date and accurate
- Providing input into estimation and test schedules
- Creating test conditions and expected results based on software specifications
- Executing test conditions in accordance with the agreed test schedule and processes
- Executing business test cycles and regression testing
- Verifying test conditions against expected results
- Retesting defect fixes
- Updating test conditions to reflect test results
- Logging of errors where appropriate along with supporting information and data
- Tracking of errors
- Providing of status updates against the agreed schedule
- Liaising with other teams to clarify issues
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
- Ability to prioritise and execute on priorities
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills, numerical ability and problem-solving skills
- Experience supporting testing activities for large scale projects
- Process driven – but with the ability to make recommendations and assess risks
- Excellent understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle and test processes
- Ability to work with other disciplines to solve problems and ensure progress
- Can work as part of a team, take responsibility and work on own initiative
- Enthusiasm for the role and commitment to achieve objectives and meet deadlines
- Willingness to learn the business domain and become a user expert
- A high standard of English
- Excellent communication skills
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience of one or more major application servers; Tomcat & WebSphere
- Experience with one or more major RDBMS; Oracle, Postgres, MySQL
- Experience with Linux and Windows Server environments
- Strong understanding of background processing and interfaces
- Experience working with Test Case Management Tools such as TestRail, HP QC etc.
- Ability to learn new skills with appropriate training and documentation
- ISEB/ISTQB certification is very beneficial
- Prior experience of testing financial software
- Some test automation experience so you can set up automated test tools
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually
- A personal budget to use for health care, pension and/or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Individual training grant with the opportunity to grow and develop
- Additional day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- An active social committee with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker-dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for enterprise-wide banking across all asset types.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the RiskTech100®. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.