Senior Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Reporting to: SaaS Operations Manager
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
Join Rockall’s Site Reliability Engineering team working with our new SaaS platform. You will design, programmatically build, operate and scale our infrastructure to meet our customer’s demands. You will work with multiple teams to deliver a first-class service to our customers.
- Design, build and operate customer-facing environments hosted on public cloud infrastructure.
- Own security, reliability and performance of the SaaS Infrastructure
- Continually improve our deployment and provisioning tools
- Monitor security, stability and performance of customer environments
- Work closely with our development team and our customers’ operations teams to provide a robust, secure environment to process customer data
- Participate in ‘out of hours’ on-call rotation and troubleshoot site issues
- Help us build a world class SRE team and champion security, reliability and performance concerns. We want someone who will help a team grow and improve
- Continuously improve infrastructure processes and help contribute to improvements in upstream development
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 3+ years of experience as a Site Reliability Engineer or equivalent role
- Experience in operating and designing AWS based infrastructure (e.g. VPC, EC2, ALB, IAM)
- A deep understanding of Linux Systems and Networking, and ability to apply this to Amazon Web Services
- An understanding of best practices for operating a secure environment on public cloud infrastructure
The following technologies are used in Rockall and experience is advantageous:
- Amazon Linux AMI (RHEL/CentOS/Fedora)
- Debian / Ubuntu
- AWS APIs
- Network configuration and debugging (e.g. BGP, IPv6, IPsec)
- Intrusion detection systems (e.g. OSSEC)
- Modern programming languages (e.g. Python, Java, Clojure)
- Web Application Firewalls and DDoS mitigation services
- Container technologies (e.g. Docker, Rocket)
- Infrastructure provisioning (e.g. Terraform, CloudFormation)
- Source control and continuous integration (e.g. Git, Gitlab)
- Monitoring and alerting systems (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Datadog)
- Build and deployment (e.g. Packer, CircleCI, Travis)
- Infrastructure orchestration (e.g. Nomad, Mesos, Kubernetes)
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually
- A personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Individual training grant with opportunity to grow and develop
- Additional day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- Active social committee with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker dealers, and COLLATE– our Collateral Management solution for retail, commercial and wholesale banking.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Rockall is a Broadridge company.