Reporting to: Team Lead – Test Engineering
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
You will work closely with co-located Development, Technical Services & Site Reliability Engineering teams. The QA team is strongly focused on automation and this initially manual role will grow us in this direction, as we build our capability.
- Develop and execute test cases to provide maximum test coverage by working closely with the Engineering team, analysing business requirements and user stories and ensuring quality as early as possible in the cycle
- Design end-to-end testing that covers the full technology stack (web, microservices, database), deployments and offline processes
- Take test ownership of the new and existing technical services testing of customer configurations across supported platforms
- Use your experience to improve team workflow and practices
- Attend Sprint Planning meetings and provide estimates and inputs for test schedules
- Ensure that there is adequate API test case coverage
- Setup, configure and maintain test environments
- Work with other engineers and the support teams to identify, log, triage and communicate defects using established tools like JIRA
- Ensure all major stakeholders are informed of critical issues that may block software releases to clients
- Execute both manual (80%) and automated (20%) test suites, investigate failures and raise issues
- Help automate manual test cases
- Mentor junior members of the team through collaboration and knowledge sharing
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 5+ years professional experience in quality assurance and test, in a web-based software environment, preferably with Java applications
- Experience planning and executing testing phases, plans and cases in a product release context, based on user stories
- Experience in taking ownership in core functional product areas
- Experience working with Test Case Management Tools e.g. TestRail, HP QC, Zephyr
- Experience creating SQL queries on Postgres, Oracle or MySQL
- Understanding of test automation frameworks e.g. Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, JUnit and/or BDD style frameworks such as Cucumber
- Be able to code automated tests in Java
- Strong understanding in API testing (using Soap UI/ Postman)
- Experience testing on a cloud platform e.g. Amazon Web Services, Google, Azure
- Knowledge of basic Unix/Linux commands
- Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high standard of English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience with build tool chains such as Git/GitLab, Maven
- Experience with CI/CD infrastructure, pipelines and builds using technologies such as GitLab CI, Jenkins, Team City
- Experience with both SaaS and on-premise applications
- Experience with Security Testing
- Experience in banking and associated financial industries
- ISTQB foundation certified or certified in a recognized Testing certification
You are driven by quality.
You understand what it takes to deliver Software as a Service as well as having experience with on-premise software products.
You focus on delivering quality along the full pipeline and the processes from end-to-end.
You’re a respected team member who can come into an existing team, working in a collaborative agile environment, and make an impact with your own effort and through others.
You enjoy making good cross-functional relationships and thrive in a high-performance environment that is fun to be in.
You raise the team’s standards with processes and tools.
You understand the benefits of continuous integration and deployment.
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary reviewed annually
- Personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- Individual training grant and Training Days for continued personal development
- Participation in the company’s equity plan
- 24 Annual Leave Days plus public holidays
- Additional Volunteer Day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- Provision of other benefits such as Group Life insurance and long-term disability income
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- Active Sports & Social Club with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for retail, commercial and wholesale banking.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Rockall is a Broadridge company.
Find out more about our social side on Facebook.