Location: Dublin, Dun Laoghaire
Reporting to: Team Lead – Test Engineering
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Rockall is seeking a Senior Software Test Automation Engineer to join a QA team helping to deliver our Fin Tech products COLLATE , an on-premise application, and FASTNET, a SaaS solution deployed in the Amazon cloud.
You will work closely with co-located Development, Technical Services & Site Reliability Engineering teams. The QA team is strongly focused on automation and you will help us grow in this direction, as we build our capability.
- Design, implement and manage structured maintainable test automation frameworks
- Design, implement and manage test automation strategy
- Create automation design solutions based on best practices
- Build automation test cases based on functional test cases
- Work with key stakeholders to identify and design automation solutions
- Generate reliable effort estimates for tasks
- Contribute to sprint planning, estimation and to the design of test scenarios against user stories
- Help with functional and non-functional testing if required
- Work collaboratively with team members during test preparation and execution activities
- Produce reports during the lifecycle of an automation project
- Identify opportunities for further test automation or efficiencies through automation
- Investigate and apply new tools to the current test framework
- Communicate automation benefits to stakeholders including detailed cost benefit analysis
- Mentor automation engineers and contribute to the wider automation team through the creation of re-usable assets
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 5+ years professional experience in automation testing role
- Experience in the design and execution of functional and non-functional tests based on user stories and customer requirements
- Experience in leading an overall automation strategy
- Experience with SaaS and on-premise software products
- Experience with automation frameworks e.g. TestNG, Junit
- Experience in test automation planning
- Experience developing and executing automated test suites using CI tools like TeamCity or Jenkins
- Experience writing simple/complex SQL queries
- Java coding experience using object-oriented programming paradigm
- Strong understanding of QA principles, methods and processes
- Experience testing on a major cloud platform
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies
- Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high standard of English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Selenium Grid & AWS EC2 experience
- Shell scripting experience
- Angular experience
- Knowledge of JSON and REST APIs
- Experience in automation of Webservices
- Experience with SCM tools (e.g. GIT) for managing, branching source code
- Experience with performance testing tools like JMeter
- Financial software testing experience
- Security Testing experience
- ISTQB foundation certified or certified in a recognized Testing certification
You believe that automation is the key to ensuring repeatable quality and design test procedures and tooling to enable it.
You have been on the forefront of automation in your previous teams and know how to introduce it to a manual test team.
You have experience of working in an agile environment, creating both manual and automated test cases against user stories and features for each sprint.
You understand what it takes to deliver Software as a Service and you have experience with on-premise software products.
You focus on delivering quality along the full pipeline and the processes from end-to-end.
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary reviewed annually
- Personal budget to use for health care, pension and / or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- Individual training grant and Training Days for continued personal development
- Participation in the company’s equity plan
- 24 Annual Leave Days plus public holidays
- Additional Volunteer Day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- Provision of other benefits such as Group Life insurance and long-term disability income
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- Active Sports & Social Club with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker dealers, and COLLATE– our Collateral Management solution for retail, commercial and wholesale banking.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the Chartis RiskTech100®, ranking in the Top Ten for Customer Satisfaction. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun and are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.
Rockall is a Broadridge company.
Find out about our Social side on Facebook.