Rockall is seeking a Software Developer to work on a focused, energetic and dedicated team to develop a ground-breaking FinTech SaaS product using full-stack Java, Python and Angular, running in the Amazon cloud. Experience developing and delivering software product using Amazon Web Services is highly desirable.
- Design and implementation of new functionality for use in multi-tier, web-based products for use by Banks and other Financial Institutions.
- Commitment to producing high quality, highly performant and robust software within agreed time estimates and to agreed quality.
- Working at multiple layers in the technology stack e.g. DB, Application Layer, UI Layer
- Working in Java, Python or other appropriate language
- Work with Amazon Web Services and cloud technologies e.g. Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Contribute to estimation exercises that feed into project plans.
- Participate in changes, and continuous improvements, to existing software development, testing and deployment processes.
- Troubleshooting Development and Production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms as necessary
- Regularly update job knowledge by researching new internet/intranet technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations etc.
You’re a respected team member who can come into an existing team working in a collaborative Scrum environment and make an impact with your own delivery and through others.
You ask the right questions up front and take personal responsibility for what you commit to do, owning it to completion.
You love to deliver real value to customers and work hard to understand their needs and come up with ideas to meet them.
Your write clean code, with rigorous, automated tests. You care as much about architectural design as implementation code and can take on big design questions, do the research needed to make the right choices, get stakeholders around them, and work with the team to deliver.
You can keep multiple projects and conversations moving forward with different sets of stakeholders and manage your time so that the loop always gets closed.
You work smoothly with your teammates and speak up where you see how we can raise the team standards, to better designs and code, better and newer tools, and better ways to interact with each other to make our shared workplace high performance and fun to be in.
Key Qualities and Experience Sought
- 3 – 5 years professional experience
- Strong development experience with Java, with Spring, Hibernate
- Unit and Integration testing methodologies for efficient, comprehensive validation
- Familiarity with one or more RDBMS’s e.g. Postgres
- Familiarity with Build and Continuous integration – Ant, Maven, CI tools (Hudson/Jenkins, TeamCity etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to show flexibility and reach compromise where appropriate
- Willingness to take ownership for assigned aspects of the project(s)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work constructively in a shared team environment
- A high standard of English
- Eligible to work in Ireland
- Experience developing and deploying solutions on one or more major Cloud platforms e.g. Amazon AWS, Google, Azure
- Development experience with Python
- Experience with cloud and container tooling such as Docker, Nomad, Terraform
- Familiarity with Linux and system engineering concepts
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Clojure
- Experience of implementing Web Services
- Experience developing frontends with Angular & Typescript
- Primary or Postgraduate degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
Our offer to you
- A competitive salary, reviewed annually
- A personal budget to use for health care, pension and/or take with salary
- Travel-to-work subsidies, including travel pass or parking permit or a bike allowance
- 24 days holiday plus public holidays
- Individual training grant with the opportunity to grow and develop
- Additional day annually to support a charity or worthy cause
- A fantastic working environment with spectacular sea views
- An active social committee with great events
- Fresh fruit on tap
Rockall is a FinTech company that offers two products: FASTNET – our next-generation cloud-hosted Securities-based Lending (SBL) solution for wealth managers, private banks & broker-dealers, and COLLATE – our Collateral Management solution for enterprise-wide banking across all asset types.
Rockall has 19 years of experience dedicated to Collateral Management and is included as one of the top 100 risk technology companies in the world in the RiskTech100®. We are also a winner of the Deloitte Best Managed Companies Award.
Based in Dublin (Ireland) and with a growing team in Charlotte (North Carolina), we take our business seriously and have a sense of fun. We are looking for like-minded individuals to join us.